Sunday, February 7, 2010

Everyone is growing

I can't believe how much everyone is growing. Amelia doesn't fit in 3-6 clothes all of a sudden, which is weird because she has only grown 1/2 an inch in two months. She now weighs 15lbs 9 oz. up two pounds exactly from her 4 month check up. She is rolling over front to back, although she HATES tummy time. She sits up with help for a few seconds at a time. She likes veggie baby food, but doesn't like fruites. The doctor said we could go ahead and start her on soft table foods. She went after the biter buiscuit I gave her. She chews and everything. Definitley teething. She still doesn't sleep through the night and spends most fo the night hogging the bed.

Gavin is so cute. He has started to say "I love you." And he has now said "I love . . . " about other things. He will eat something and say "I no like it." He loves day care. He has a favorite teacher, the director Betty and one of the older girls, I think she is around 10. He loves arts and crafts time. He adores music. He walks around doing the beat of "we will, we will rock you" and sometimes he sings the lyrics. He loves the piano and I think I would like for him to learn how to play some day.

Donovan is on medicine for ADHD. He has improved scholastically. He is wanting to read to me, which is an improvement. He does rather well. Apparently he has been getting violent when he gets home in the afternoons. The doctor says it is a side effect of coming off the meds. He is now taking a smaller dosage at home so that he doesn't get so violent. I've encouraged Mystie to seek counciling with him. Her comment was "Good luck." We then said that we would seek it through the church. She said that was okay, as long as she was involved. Well, concidereing he probably needs most of the counciling from her end of things of course we would involve her. Whagt a weird thing to say.

I'm doing great in my masters program so far. I have a 98% and this is our last week. Should be an easy week! We shall see.

No comments: