Sunday, July 26, 2009

Watching the clock

It is now all a matter of time. In a little more than an hour Scott is going to take Donovan (who is rather insistent on meeting grandma at the airport) to pick up my mom and Kathy. I so want to go but there isn't enough room in the car. Scott is just going curbside so it isn't like we would wait for them to come off the plane anyways.

For the past 4 weeks Mia has been vertex (head down). On Thursday she decided that she wasn't going to give her momma any chance of even the idea of a vbac and is now breech. She is such a little stinker! She feels heavier, I feel so much pressure it isn't even funny. There is this part of me that wants to feel what real labor is like. I want my water to break and I want to feel contractions. It doesn't look like she is going to oblige! Oh, well. It's not like I really want to be in any more pain than I have been for the last couple of days anyway!

I had my first pregnancy related dream last night. I dreamed that Mia was here. I dreamed that she had beautiful red hair the color of her aunt Emily (oh how I hope so!) and that I had no problems with my milk supply and she latched on immediately. She was feisty though and I had to wrap her up pretty good to keep her hands from pushing on me (Gavin would do that). I then dreamed that the nurses forgot to put in the IV's in me properly and let me walk around right after surgery (like I would be able to do that anyways). They also forgot to weigh and measure Mia after she was born. It's kind of funny. My dream reassured me of my fears in regards to breastfeeding, but heightened my fears about the nurses at the hospital I will deliver at. Scott was there for a week and didn't have a very good experience. I guess I really am worried about it!!!!

I can't believe that I only have two more days left before I get to hold her. Last night was a nightmare trying to sleep I was so excited because Mom is going to be here. Add that to the discomfort of being 39 weeks pregnant!!!!! I know tonight will be interesting to sleep through but Monday I think will be almost impossible. Scott is working Monday night, but planning on coming home early (probably around 2am). I'm sure that I will have a hard time falling asleep and then when he gets home I will become wide awake again. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am so I know that I will be up at around 4am to take a shower and make sure that my suitcase is ready. It is right now, but I know myself and I'll repack it again and again in the next two days. Oh the anxiety and excitement coursing through me right now. Heck I keep pausing as I type to look up at the clock. It has been 8:59 for the LONGEST time! I guess the old saying a watched kettle never boils can go for a watched clock never progresses in time!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am guessing you had her on Tues. Congrats! I hope you and Mia are doing great! Keep us all updated.
Love ya lots!

Larkann said...

Well it looks like a lot of your dream came true - but the nurses did hook up your IV. They did get you up and walking, and I wish I had a camera when Mia latched on and began nursing - it was like all your fears just melted away. And you have found that having her swaddled not only makes nursing easier but helps her sleep contently (I noticed that when I left you last night at midnight and stopped by to just look at her for a while) Such a beautiful, beautiful little angel!!