Monday, August 3, 2009

Announcing Amelia Larkann Elias








On Tuesday, just as scheduled, Grandpa Dick got a wonderful birthday gift at 8:10 am. Mia came in weighing a total of 8 pounds 3 ounces. She was 19 and 3/4 inches tall. Mia did wonderful, however momma struggled a bit. They game me the spinal tap and laid me down. The nurse immediately put me back up and said that I needed to be up because they gave me a "goodly amount for my weight". I could hear the anesthesiologist talking and apparently I didn't do very well. My blood pressure dropped low and my blood oxygen level was in the 80's. I had so hoped to breastfeed Mia immediately but it took over an hour to stabilize me. I finally was stable and began the process of bonding. I love my daughter! Donovan constantly wants to hold her, than again so does Gavin. The first time Gavin saw her he said "baby" and slapped her. Since then he has done very well and loves to give his sister kisses. He did freak out the first time he saw Mia breastfeed. He now comes up and says "boobies" each time with a bit of concern on his face. We are home and doing well, other than the bouts of tears. I get frustrated rather easily, but I know it is going to get better.

Well, here are some pictures that were proffessionally taken at the hospital hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Lambson Family said...

Genevieve she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

She is so lovely! I love all the pictures that you posted especially the one of you and her. Keep the pictures coming! Take care of yourself!