Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh Gosh

Gavin just gets cuter with age. He has a couple of phrases that he uses on a regular basis. "Help me" is adorable. Tonight I was putting his pj's on and I'm trying to help encourage him to dress himself. He got his hands stuck and kept saying "Help me". He constantly says "Okay" which is hilarious because he uses it in the same context as I do, just as a comment - he isn't agreeing to anything. It is just something that I say at times and for various reasons. It is hilarious that he uses it just like I do. Another phrase he says constantly is "Oh, Gosh." He loves to talk on the phone and tonight he was talking to Aunt Joan. All he added to the conversation was "milk", "book", and "Oh, Gosh". My favorite thing he says is whenever I try to get him to say his name he tells me "No, Elias" He has his last name down pat. I have a student that prefers to go by his last name, I wonder if Gavin will be the same. Maybe he wants us to call him by his first name - William. I always liked the name Will and Liam. Don't think it is going to happen. I think the favorite thing he says is "blanket" he LOVES blankets, which is weird because so does his brother. It can be the middle of the heat of the summer and Donovan will be covered with 10 quilts. Gavin is the same way. Each night before Gavin goes down in his crib he says "Book". we read a book. He then says "Blanket" he grabs every single blanket he can find in his room and we cuddle for a few minutes. I then lay him in his crib and he snuggles his blankets and asks for "bear" (a beautiful brown bear his Grandma Elias made for him for Christmas). He cuddles them all and says "night-night". I can't wait to see what else he will start to say. Kids do say the darnedest and cutest things.

No comments: