Monday, March 30, 2009

Labor and Delivery Scare

Saturday we had spent the day out. I had slight cramps all day, but didn't put anything together until around 9pm when I kept having severe cramps. I got home and called my oncall doctor. She told me to go to Labor and Delivery. Scott rushed me there, thank goodness it is only 5 minutes away. I was there for almost 3 hours and learned that I was dehydrated, I didn't yet have a UTI but it was possible that one was brewing so they gave me a script for antibiotics, told me that my cervix was soft, which isn't a good thing- it is supposed to stay firm until the end of the pregnancy. They then sent me home. I woke up Sunday with a migraine, took Monday off from work because it hurt so bad. I hope that this is the last time I am in L&D until at least the end of July when Mia is actually due.

Today I got my birthday gift from my mom. There were a few cute little onsies for Mia and a gift card, since she couldn't take me out to dinner. I bought a new bra! How fun. I would have bought some maternity clothes, but I just couldn't find anything in my size! I hate that stores think that pregnant ladies are always skinny. I don't want to buy online because my body is shaped so funny and I have to make sure it looks right, then again maybe it is just a control issue.


Well, I think Gavin finally fell asleep. I need to eat something quickly and head for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have your phone number to call you yesterday but I was thinking you!! Happy Birthday!!!I hope that everything is good with you and the baby.