Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Braved the treacherous roads

Missouri got hit with snow and ice last night. Around 9pm there was about 2 inches on the ground and I got the sweetest call. No school. I needed the break. I have tons of papers to grade and my laundry really needs to be caught up. I finally got the kitchen spotless, so that is my next project.

I had my 13 week Dr. appointment scheduled for 4:30pm today, however I got a call this morning asking if I was going to cancel or if I wanted an earlier appointment because of the snow/ice. I was excited because I wasn't looking forward to driving in the weather and Scott had to go to the temple early to word today so he wouldn't have been able to come. My appointment was moved to 9:45, Scott came and he drove!

Since getting pregnant I have lost 7 pounds. The doctor is pleased with this weight loss, I'm sure because I am rather obese and diabetic to boot . I know that following the diabetic diet is aiding in this loss. I lost about 15 pounds when I had Gavin, so I won't be surprised if I continue to lose with this one.

I hate being so heavy because it takes so long for them to find the hb this early. It actually was painful as she kept pushing and prodding. For about five minutes I anxiously waited and only heard my hb, then the most beautiful sound - coming in at 160bpm!!! Strong and healthy!!! She asked if I had any concerns, the only one I had is I have had a constant headache since getting pregnant and know that I will soon start having migraines. They hit really hard the second and third trimester. I was given a script for migraines, and made another appointment for next month. All in all short but sweet.

1 comment:

John M. Green said...

Snow there, snow here. About 3 inches of the lovely stuff. Just got out of the hospital after a nice two week visit. Wish I could never have these breaks with reality. I'm glad you are watching your weight. After the birth keep it up. Good one to talk here. Wish I could just keep losing weight. But I continue to float up and down. Doctor told me to stop that or the oxygen tube stuffed in my nose would be stuffed into my neck! Yeeks...Love you Gen. My prayers are with you and your little one's, in the world and in the oven too!