Thursday, January 29, 2009

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Today when I got home I found Gavin wrapped up in the quilt that my mother made me when I was Gavin's age. It is yellow gingham, soft, and my favorite blanket. For the last few weeks it is what I have used to go to sleep at night - it is a twin sized blanket so big enough for my large frame. It gives me comfort, my "mommy blanket", and although Scott teases me mercilessly he knows that it is important to me. Apparently every day when it is nap time Gavin curls up into my "mommy blanket" and says "mommy" as he drifts off to sleep. It is as though he knows that that blanket is a part of me and even though I am not physically there, the blanket is.

As Gavin lay swaddled on our bed all of a sudden I hear pretend snoozing. Where on earth did my two year old learn that you snore when you sleep. Later this evening he dragged my "mommy blanket" up the stairs, literally plopped himself down on the blanket said "night-night" and began to snore. Two seconds later he looked up at me and gave me his little grin. Scott and I came to the conclusion that at some point during their naps in the afternoon (apparently Gavin won't take a nap unless he is lying in bed with Daddy) Gavin has woken up when Daddy has still been asleep. He is such a smart little boy that he has put two and two together, and that equals: when you sleep you snore!

1 comment:

John M. Green said...

We learn from our surroundings. That is why it is important that we choose wisely where we spend time and who we spend time with. Perhaps Scott should check into Sleep-apnia. I bet his energy would soar just using a c-pap after only a week or maybe less. Cute story about Gavin. Love you Genevieve.