Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The joys of diabetes

I called the Perinatal Office today to talk about my issues at the ER yesterday. They told me that I didn't need to come in, since they just saw me last week. I then pointed out that the ER told me to stop taking my meds. At which point the nurse backtracked and put me on hold. She had me read my weeks numbers and then she said "you are a really hard case." It looks like I am headed for insulin in the next couple of months. I went to my regular OB today. Got to hear the baby. The heartbeat was in the 150's. I haven't felt her move really, except for when they are using the doppler. She DOES NOT like it. I can feel her push against it and then they lose her heartbeat because she goes as far away from the doppler as possible. It is funny. I asked her about the insulin and she said that I am only 17 weeks and since it is easier to take care of diabetes with medication they want ot keep me on it for as long as possible, but I will most likely be on insulin towards the end of my pregnancy. Joy-Joy!!!!

I went to walmart afterwards to get some groceries and I found these two cute little valentine outfits. They have are red and white onsies w/stretch pants. Mickey Mouse is on both of them. It is obviously for Valentines Day, but I just thought they were plain cute. Besides, they were $1.50 each. I got a 0-3month one w/short sleeves, and a 3-6 month one with long sleeves for fall. Hopefully on the 23 of March she is still a girl, otherwise I'll have to find someone who is having a girl!!!!!

I put Gavin to bed over an hour ago. He is still in his bed talking to himself. He is so funny sometimes. I hate to go to bed with him still awake, but I think I need too!!!

No comments: