Sunday, February 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I just found out that my Stepmother Phyllis is dying. I guess she has been sick for awhile, and this week she aspirated and to put her in less pain they put her in a drug induced coma. While there I guess her brain just kind of gave out with the rest of her body. My sister Stacie is there, more for supporting my Dad than anything. I talked to my dad just a few minutes ago, he told me they were waiting for the respiratory therapist to arrive to take out the tubes. This means that within an hour my step mom will be gone. I love my Step mom, even though we didn't have much of a relationship. I did talk to her about once a year or so, I always smiled when she said "hon, or sugar". I know that she is in peace, that she knows I love her. I also know that before Gavin came to earth my Grandpa Bill kissed him and sent him on his way. I know when this little one comes my grandparents and Phyllis will send him/her on his/her way with a kiss and a hug.

The hard part is knowing the fragility of life. Both of my parents aren't in the greatest of health. My dad was in Arkansas over Christmas. I wish that I had taken the initiative to go visit him, even though it would have been difficult. I know the last time I talked to Phylis was over Christmas and I told her I loved her. This all got me thinking over what happens in the next few years. How long do I have my parents for. When will be the next time I will have a chance to hug them? Will my dad ever get to meet my children in person? I hope so.

No comments: