Monday, February 16, 2009

No veto power

My stepmother died last night around 11pm. My father sounds good considering. I wish that we had the funds for me to fly out for the memorial service. I guess he will be flying her back to Arkansas. I wonder what will happen next for him.

Today we had my 16 week appointment. The tech said that she was pretty sure we are having a girl, I have to concer from what I witnessed. Amelia Larkan will be joining our family, and she will go by the name Mia. She has a very round face. My next appointment in March 23.

When we were finished we went shopping with the boys. I wanted to pick something out for the baby. Scott said "Fine, but I get to choose and you get no veto power." I agreed, figuring that he wouldn't pick anything bad. I had a good idea of what he wanted, and I was right. He chose a cute pink onsie w/I love daddy on it. Go figure!!!

4 comments:

Lambson Family said...

Congratulations Genevieve!! I am very excited for you. Girls are fun! I am also sorry to hear about your stepmom.

How is your mom doing these days? Is she still in the same house?

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you are having a girl. When are you due? I will be sending you a cute hat for her. I love the name that you have picked out for her.
I am sorry to hear about your stepmom. How is your mom doing?

Genevieve said...

My mom is doing great. She still is in the same house, it is nice to go home to the same house as I did when I was a kid. She is working on becoming a cna, and works for my stepdad.

I am due August 3rd however I will deliver at least a week earlier, unless I go into labor before that. It will be nice to have a set date!!!!

Lynette said...

So sorry to hear about your stepmom. I love the name you picked for your little girl. It is so cute!