Friday, April 24, 2009

Transition Nightmare central

Gavin will be two and a half when Mia gets here. Up until last night he had been sleeping in the crib. Yesterday my Scott got the toddler bed that we bought 4 years ago for Donovan, when we finally transitioned him from the play-n-pac. Scott set it up, and Gavin appeared to be excited. Until it was bedtime. He REALLY liked the new freedom he found, and all of a sudden he has figured out how to open up his door. When I finally left him alone he SCREAMED. It was soooo hard for me. I've never been fond of CIO (it breaks my heart) but I had to last night. I would periodically check on him and finally he was out like a light, on the floor in a pile of blankets (both of my boys are blanket hogs. They have to sleep with at LEAST 3 each night, even in the middle of the summer). I picked him up and put him back in bed. This morning he got out of bed around 9ish (I was already at work), opened his bedroom door, opened the door that leads to the basement and the master bedroom. He went down the stairs dragging a million toys with him. Scott woke up in pain from rolling over on a car and Gavin giggling next to him in bed.

Naptime - He WOULD NOT sleep in the toddler bed, so he ended up back in the crib. I wonder how long it will take him to take a nap in the toddler bed. He isn't like Donovan where I could just rub his back or forhead. He HATES to be touched once he's been put down.

We picked up Donovan for the weekend. He saw his old toddler bed and (mind you he is a big six year old now that has been in a twin bed for over two years now) and threw a temper tantrum. "THat's my bed, I want to sleep in it, not Gavin." OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!

Bedtime - I get the boys ready for bed. Gavin is excited again about his big boy bed, but will only stay in it for two seconds. Donovan wants to lie down with his brother and I figured "why not" maybe Gavin would settle down. Donovan gets in and says "This bed is too small for me." I'm like DUH!!!! at least we won't have any more jealousy issues from that front. Gavin didn't want his brother in bed with him, so he bit him on the leg. I sent big brother to his own twin bed and left Gavin in his room again. Once again he cryed. I went to check on him once and he calmed down, however it has been over an hour and I can still hear him. It is almost 11pm and I WANT TO GO TO SLEEP!!!!!!

Sigh, transitions are GREAT!!!!! I'm glad I started now, Gavin is a really jealous toddler, I can only imagine how things are going to be when Mia gets here. Donovan has his jealous moments too! FUN STUFF up ahead!!!

1 comment:

Larkann said...

Gavin truely has a sense of "his" -I cannot help but laugh that he bit his brother to get him out of his bed. Reminds me of my #2 daughter when she wanted something - teeth work well. I am sure that if you give Gavin lots of attention when Mia comes home, you will find that he embraces her with all kinds of love, and very little jealousy.