Wednesday, April 8, 2009

weekend adventures

Last weekend our family recieved a real treat! Gavin got to see John-John (my dad) for the first time and Donovan got to see him again. Dad stayed at the Air Force Base in Illinois so instead of having him drive an hour south we thought it would be more fun to meet him at a one of our favorite malls. Donovan calls it the Rocket Ship Mall, because the play area has a huge play area with a slide in the shape of a rocket ship. We met my dad there at one. The kids played while my dad and I had some time to sit and chat. It was nice. I haven't seen dad in almost 4 years. He bought lunch for us, which was greatly appreciated and we then took the kids to Cabelas to look at the fish and the stuffed animals (and I mean REAL stuffed animals). Scott pushed dad in a wheel chair so he could get around and be with us. We went by motherhood maternity. I only have one pair of pants that fit now. Weird as it may seem but all of my pants have started to fall off of me. I was sad to see how expensive the clothes were. I figure I can survive wearing the same black slacks and black dress for work for the next 2 months. My kids won't notice, will they?????? Anyway, back to the visit. On our way back to the play area we went by cinnibon. My dad bought cinnabon for the family. I was going to decline, until I heard the words "It's conference Weekend. We always have cinnamon rolls for conference." It's funny how a tradition as simple as cinnamon rolls twice a year can become a part of someones life, even if they aren't married to the instigator of the tradition (haven't been for 20+ years). It made me nostalgic, and I admit I had a cinnabon. Interestingly enough my blood sugars didn't skyrocket like I thought they would. I guess my meds are doing their job!!!! Dad finally had to leave. He experienced tooth pain and headed out to the VA hospital, so he could get some relief before his long trip back to Utah. It was a sweet visit. I know I enjoyed it, and the kids had fun.

Today after school starts spring break. I am so ready. However I think I will be busy all weekend (we have Thursday, Friday and Monday off) I have tons of school work to catch up on, and my house needs some major overhauling! Sigh!!!! The best part of the weekend will be on Monday when I go for my monthly sonogram! I get to see Mia again. She is moving more frequently. It is nice to feel her bumping around in the belly!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time with your dad. I am glad that you got to see him.