Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting the giggles

Several things have given me the giggles lately. About 3 years ago Donovan got a cabbage patch doll from a sister in our old ward. I wanted him to have a doll, but Scott wasn't keen on the idea. Scott had nothing to worry about. His son wanted NOTHING to do with it. HOWEVER!!!!! Gavin has fallen in love with it. He hugs it, pats it on the back, gives it kisses, and the cutest thing of all - and thus the giggles - yesterday he took the doll and made it walk. He stood it up on the floor and moved its legs in a walking fashion. I know he is going to be such a good helper when Mia gets here!

Second thing gave me a huge case of the giggles today in school. I had class today and as I was passing out papers one of my students looked at my ever burgeoning belly. She looks at me sheepishly and asks. "If I poke you in the tummy will you giggle." I look at her a little weirdly, I'm sure, and respond "Probably." She gets this Cheshire look on her face pokes me in the belly with her index finger and says "poke". Of course I giggle, a little out of embarrassment. I didn't think she would actually do it. She then giggles herself. "I love it when pregnant women giggle when I poke them in the belly." It made me smile!!!!

2 comments:

Ivalo said...

it made me giggle thinking of you giggling

Stacie said...

That is very sweet!