Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today Donovan graduated from Kindergarten and is now ready to enter the first grade. I'm so proud of him. Last week he told his dad he didn't want to graduate. "But Daddy, I don't even know how to read yet!" Each night we have him before we go to bed I read the boys at least one book (Gavin loves his book time!). Donovan always wants to read it himself. He starts off doing really well, but then he gets frustrated, loses his focus, and I notice he only looks at the first couple of letters and then guesses the rest. He then starts to get more frustrated and say "I can't" which in the past really frustrated me. I'm getting better. He got through half of a book tonight and then we had a complete shut down. I wish his mother read with him more! That is something we will be working on very much over the summer. Learning sight words, and reading! I think I'm going to get him some first grade books, maybe even just kindergarten books to work on. That and go to the library at least once a week.

1 comment:

Ivalo said...

Balthezar was (and still is) exactly the same way. It is nice for a change to have Edith who begs to read books to me every night!