Saturday, May 9, 2009

Some people!!!

I've been dealing with a difficult teacher all year long. Within the first month of school she made it perfectly clear I was not to touch her stapler, dry erase markers, paper, NOTHING. Well, I also don't have a desk to use in her room (since she often is in there during my class, it is her prep hour) The only place that I could use was a table set at the front of the class which she puts a whole bunch of art supplies on. I have two other students that sit at that table WITH me, so you can imagine how tight it was with all her crap! I started taking her things off the table and moving them to another table that doesn't get used. I forgot to put them back. The next day there was a sign that said "Don't remove materials from this desk" taped there. It stayed there for MONTHS. I continued to move her stuff, but made sure I put the stuff back at the end. I NEEDED THE FREAKING SPACE!!!!!

Okay, she's not said anything to me about it for almost 7 months. There are two freaking weeks left in school. She is doing more art projects with her students and she had a little thing of bead type things on the desk. I had a student help me clear the desk off and you guessed it. The beads fell on the floor. Itty bitty beads of multiple colors. I freaked inside, had my first anxiety attack since being on meds for anxiety. I gave three students extra credit for picking up those little buggers AND putting them back in color coordinated boxes. When they were placed on her desk it didn't appear that a single bead was lost. The boys did a GREAT job.

At the end of the hour I apologized to her for the mishap (my mistake for trying to be a nice person). Her response. "I spend good money on those for my class and that is why I don't like having my material removed from that desk." I looked at her and said "I need the space for me and my students". Her response "I have students there myself and I do just fine.' I responded "I'm glad you are able to do that, but I can't. It is one of my idiosyncrasies." What I should have said is "I don't have ANY space in your class and this is my way of making a small portion of it mine for the 90 minutes I am there." She is just mean and petty and another teacher has another word for her (which I admit I often call her in my head and when I am really mad out loud - I know bad bad Gen!!!!!)

I'm SOOOOO glad school is out in two weeks, and hopefully I won't have to deal with sharing a room with her next year.

3 comments:

Ivalo said...

There is nothing wrong with calling a bitch a bitch.

Anonymous said...

I am pissed just reading how rude she was to you. Good job for standing up for yourself!

Larkann said...

Only 2 weeks to go, and maybe never again. Hopefully you will have your own room next year, and be host to another roaming teacher. You will definitely know how to be a good hostess -