Friday, June 12, 2009

Bit of a scare.

A normally 45 minute appt lasted nearly 4 hours!!! I went in on Thursday for my twice weekly Non stress test. While listening to the beautiful heart rate of my daughter and feeling her kick I noticed the number for the contraction side of the monitor stay at about 5 for about 5 minutes or so and then rise to 30. I thougt that was curious, then looked at the swooping pattern on the paper. I thought to myself, "Am I having contractions?" I paid attention the next time I noticed the numbers going up and noticed that my asthma was kicking into high gear (I was wondering why I would have a tightness in my chest about every 5 minutes or so) and I felt a very slight cramp. I'm used to the cramps, considering they've happened all throughout my pregnancies. The nurse came in and you could see she was concerned. They sent me to Labor and Delivery for more monitoring. They gave me water and a shot of some medicine to stop the contrax. They also checked me internally. I am long, closed, and thick. Which was a relief. They then came back in after talking to my doc and said your good to go home. No explanations, no reasons why I was contracting nothing. I asked "Did the contractions stop?" Yes. "Is there any special instructions?" No, not really. Okay!!!!!! Now that I think about it I am a little frustrated!!! I did like the hospital doctor though. He was an older Englishman. He kept calling me little one! Which was funny since I'm about 227 pounds!!!!

No comments: