Friday, June 19, 2009

Good Job Momma!!!!

Yesterday I had another growth ultrasound to see how big Mia has gotten. My last one at 30 weeks she was at 5 pounds and the 93rd percentile for her weight. This time at 33 weeks she now weighs 6lbs and is 82nd percentile. Her head is HUGE though, 94th percentile. We got to see her face, Scott got to come down from his hospital room. I've worried that she was deformed because she always looked funny. This time you could see a perfectly round cute face, and lots and lots of hair floating! I just hope she has red hair!!!! The doctor was pleased that I got her weight to slow down and said "Good job, momma!" It made me happy. My next and final growth ultrasound will be in 4 weeks, 2 weeks before she is due to come!

Updates on scott! He doesn't have MERSA, nor did he have cellulitus (a form of staph) under the skin. He just have a severe reaction to spider venom. He then got a rash from head to toe from the antibiotics. They started him on a steroid to relieve him from the itch which caused him to get nauseous. Because of all that he had to stay one more night. They plan on putting a pic I.V. on him tomorrow and send him home with an I.V. so he can continue to get the meds he needs. He plans on being at work on Monday, and taking a day off next week to have the surgeon look at him to see if he needs surgery to have the dead skin removed and skin grafts. We are praying that won't be necessary.

1 comment:

Larkann said...

I wondered if they were going to have a pic iv for him - they send lots of people home from the hospital with that now days.

Will it be a problem for him to work?

Good job on Mia - I really hope that you wait until I get there before she comes!!