Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not for the feint of heart! Scotts Spider Bite

Scott woke up Saturday when he felt a little pinch on his arm. He went back to sleep thinking nothing of it. Woke up two hours later, and asked if it looked like a bite mark. I said it might. He went upstairs and immediately came down and said "Gen, look at me, I'm red all over and I itch like crazy" He quickly got himself dressed and went to Urgent care. The doctor heard his story, took a look and said "that isn't a spider bite, I get those. It is a histimine flare up!" He gave him a steroid shot and some meds to take to stop the histimines. Scott took the meds, the rash on his arm grew. Fast forward to 1:30 Am Monday. He wakes me up and says "Gen, I don't feel right. I'm going to the ER." Two hours later I get a call from him. As soon as a nurse looked at me she called the doctor in right away. The doctor is admitting me to the hospital. I will be here for at least the next 24 hours." At 7:30 he calls back. "I will be here until the end of the week." The next day the doctor finally admits that he has a spider bite, but it could be compounded with a staph infection. We are still waiting on the test results. I was at the hospital last night, the red part of his rash was growing but the center was still white. He sent me a picture today, and I'm SCARED!!!!! Look at what it looks like! It reminds me of pictures I have seen on brown recluse spider bites! I just hope it doesn't get to the point where he needs skin grafts! If you don't want to see the picture of what his bite looks like don't look past the space!!! It isn't too yucky, but it isn't pretty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh that looks bad! Let us know what it ends up being from. I hope he gets better fast!