Tuesday, June 2, 2009

first week off from school

I can't believe it has been a week since I gave my last final! There are two traveling teachers that work at the High School. I, of course, am one of them! The other is this really sweet woman that teaches Personal Finance. There was a Language Arts teacher (which is one of the subjects I happen to teach) that they did not rehire and her classroom is now sitting vacant. It has tons of Language Arts books in it and it is on the same floor and general area as the rest of the Language Arts AND foreign Languages sits. It made sense to me, and my department chair that I would get the room. However the school makes decisions about classrooms depending on the needs of the students, so I did not get that classroom. I love the finance teacher, but I also know that she has a deep rooted history with the district and I was not surprised at all when she told me she got the room. I'm fine with it. I loved sharing my room with Mauri, and I wouldn't mind sharing with her again. My main concern is traveling six weeks after major abdominal surgery!!!! My principal told me that they are working on getting another classroom set up for teaching and if that happens than both of us traveling teachers can retire our carts!!! I hope I get my own room. It is difficult having to share a room, even with someone that you admire and love! Can you imagine with someone that can't stand the site of you?

Anywho! It has been a good week. Found out that at 30 weeks Mia already weighs 5 pounds. My diabetic doctors are really concerned. They told me all the worst case scenarios, the only one I walked away with was "stillborn". I left their office and went to my regular OB. She calmed me down and said, that does happen but not as often. I was imagining a 20 pound baby, but she reassured me that Mia would be a hefty 9-10 lb baby. No newborn clothes for her! Thank goodness I only have 2 NB outfits!!!!

At church on Sunday as soon as the music started Gavin grabbed a hymn book and sang along at the top of his lungs. After the first song he said "More, more" and got frustrated that they didn't sing some more. The second song he clapped after the song ended (As he finished another soulful performance at the top of his lungs). After he once again joined in for the final song he loudly proclaimed "AMEN!" I just couldn't stop smiling.

Today I was getting the boys ready for bed as Scott was leaving for work. Gavin got away from me stark naked (Except for his socks and shoes). I struggled to get up from the couch - (jeez, I don't remember being this round and huge with Gavin) and went in search of him. Scott and I found him at the same time. He was sitting on his potty chair (which he has ignored for the past couple of months) and was reading a book. I wish I had taken a picture. Scott said "Hmmm, he takes after his mother!" I have books in both bathrooms!

Donovan really made me smile today. He held my hand as we were walking into Arby's and he said "I will get you safely to the door. Don't worry ma'am, you won't fall!" He can be such a sweet boy. I've really seen a softening in our relationship this summer that hasn't been there in the past. I've always felt he would be fine if I just disappeared from his life. He loves his dad and mom, and he just always treats me with lack of interest. He has his parents, I'm just an extra thingy! Since taking my anxiety meds I find myself less "paranoid", calmer, and I'm letting Scott do more of the disciplining. I still do some, but I don't have to be the bad guy all the time. I think I am coming to see that that has been the problem. I've been the bad guy, and now I am a calmer person.

Well, the dryer is about to signal its end. I'll be able to switch out the laundry and head for bed!

No comments: